Monday, January 12, 2015

There Was a Rainbow Before the Rain

In the midst of all the sulking in my previous post I forgot to tell you what the entire fast felt like.  Oops.

Day one was pretty easy.  I don't think I got many of my juice recipes just right because they didn't taste the best, but they were tolerable and I got used to them quickly.
 
By the afternoon of day one I had a slight headache.  This headache lasted right to the end of my fast on Friday.
 
Other than the dull headache I really was feeling great.  I felt great about myself and about what I was accomplishing.  That is one of the best feelings in the world.  It's not often that I feel proud of myself.

Friday morning I threw on a pair of jeans...I didn't have to struggle to get them on or to get them fastened.  That was nice!

By Friday night I realized that I didn't even HAVE to unfasten the jeans to get them off.  What a phenomenal feeling that was!!!
 
 
I think I've learned my lesson...
 
I feel SO good when I'm doing something healthy and good for my body and feel SO bad when I'm not.
 
I MUST burn this into my brain and when I feel tempted, I need to reminisce on those bad feelings and know that I never want to feel them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment