Friday, January 30, 2015

Speed Bumps


My second 4.5-day juice fast was easier than the first.  I had no detox symptoms and felt pretty darn good throughout the whole thing.  I fasted Monday, January 12, 2015 – Friday, January 16, 2015.  Friday was actually the hardest day.  I gave in to food pretty easily by about noon.  I honestly can’t remember what I ate since I’m writing this post 14 days later.

On Monday, January 19th I started my 30-day juice fast.  I was pumped and ready!

 


 
I cruised stealthily through the first 10 days without a problem.

For some reason on day 11 I gave in to temptation late in the evening.  I had some almonds and one Peanut M&M.  I could live with that slip up.

On day 12 (the day I’m writing this post) I slipped up again with some more almonds…but then…DISASTER!
My willpower toppled and I succumbed to a Pulled Pork Sandwich that was leftover in the fridge.

 

Poor lil piggy
 
What is my problem!!!!!!????
I will be going to the gym today for the first time in about 2 years.  I have to correct this back-slide.  I don’t want all my progress to be wasted.  I WANT TO KEEP GOING!!!

Speaking of progress, I need to post the weight loss progress I made during the fasts.

I have a Quantum Scale.  It “secretly” records my weight and then will only tell me if I’ve gained or lost.

 

I also just borrowed my mom's medical scale so that I will know my exact weight.  I will post that info at the end of my 30-day fast.

Here are the day by day readings from my Quantum Scale:
 

-2.8

Tuesday, January 6th

FAST DAY

-4.4

Wednesday, January 7th

FAST DAY

-5.2

Thursday, January 8th

FAST DAY

-6.2

Friday, January 9th

HALF-DAY FAST

-4.6

Saturday, January 10th

NON-FAST DAY

Didn’t weigh in

Sunday, January 11th

NON-FAST DAY

-0.6

Monday, January 12th

FAST DAY

-3.8

Tuesday, January 13th

FAST DAY

-6.0

Wednesday, January 14th

FAST DAY

-7.2

Thursday, January 15th

FAST DAY

-8.0

Friday, January 16th

HALF-DAY FAST

-8.2

Saturday, January 17th

NON-FAST DAY

-6.2

Sunday, January 18th

NON-FAST DAY

-3.8

Monday, January 19th

FAST DAY

-5.0

Tuesday, January 20th

FAST DAY

-7.4

Wednesday, January 21st

FAST DAY

-8.4

Thursday, January 22nd

FAST DAY

-9.8

Friday, January 23rd

FAST DAY

-10.4

Saturday, January 24th

FAST DAY

-10.4

Sunday, January 25th

FAST DAY

-10.4

Monday, January 26th

FAST DAY

-11.2

Tuesday, January 27th

FAST DAY

-12.2

Wednesday, January 28th

FAST DAY

-12.2

Thursday, January 29th

FAST DAY – Slip Up

-12.8

Friday, January 30th

FAST DAY – Slip Up

So this means that in 25 days I lost 12.8 pounds total.  Not too bad.

I think part of my cave to temptation was due to how little the scale moved in the past few days.  I’ve been told not to weigh every day, but that’s impossible for me.  Weighing every day keeps me motivated (or unmotivated in this case).  I must say, I'm going to be afraid to look at the number tomorrow, but I’m going to keep juicing.  And I am not resetting the fast to day one…I’m still going to be on day 13.  If I look at it as having to start over then I just might give up altogether.  It’s funny how food is such a mind game.  I’m still trying to train my brain to think of food as fuel and not as fun.  It’s a hard road.

My biggest worry is keeping the weight off that I lose.  Sometimes I think that’s harder than losing the weight to begin with.

I’m off to the gym now.  I might write more when I get back!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment