Monday, January 5, 2015

Day One of Five...Boring Boringness

Day One of possibly Five is coming to and end.  I made it, no problem.

Last night my husband and I hit up two different stores for produce.  The only Kale I found was Flowering Kale...it does not juice well at all...but I've heard any Kale doesn't juice well. (I might switch to spinach.)

Here is my produce haul:
3 heads of Flowering Kale
10 cucumbers
4 bunches of celery
40 Granny Smith Apples
15 Lemons
2 nice chunks of Ginger Root
20 Carrots

It all cost around 70 bucks.  Expensive, but in the long run my health is worth it.


When we got home from the store I got right into juicing.  I made one serving of Joe's Mean Green and got about 20 ounces of juice.  I popped it in the fridge for today.  Then it was late so I tried to go to bed.  I COULD NOT fall asleep.  I kept thinking all of my usual negative thoughts when I dive into yet another "health plan":
"How am I going to do this?"
"This is going to be hard."
"Making juice every day is going to be hard."
"I don't think I'm going to be able to keep up."
...and on and on and on.

According to my FitBit Charge I finally fell asleep at around 2am.  Then the alarm went off at 6:40am. I was freaking tired and didn't want to get out of bed.  Not to mention it was about 20 below zero here...so getting out of bed was extra brutal.

On a normal Monday morning...or should I say Monday mornings of the past?...I would drink coffee and not have any breakfast.  I just never really feel hungry for breakfast.  Unless my husband makes breakfast for me...in that case I'll eat anything put in front of me.  As far back as I can remember I've rarely had breakfast.  I know they say it's "the most important meal of the day", but really, why should I eat if I'm not hungry?  A calorie is a calorie no natter what time of day.

Anyway, today I had hot Ginger Lemon Green Tea.  I know I shouldn't have any caffeine on this Reboot, but I'm going to continue drinking this tea until we go to the store again.  Then I'll get decaf.  Ideally I should cut some fresh ginger and lemon and make the tea from scratch, but I'm a total lazy ass in the morning.

At around 8:30am I had my first 20oz Mean Green.  It's a funny color because of the Flowering Kale.  Flowering Kale is mostly purple, so mixing the purple with the other greens turned it into an appetizing moldy, mud color.


I work from home so I sipped on my juice my entire shift which is 8:30am-1:30pm.

Around 2:30pm I made more juice.  This time I made a big batch of Carrot-Apple-Lemon.  I had a 16oz glass of that.  It was pretty tasty.


I took a nap around 3:30pm, woke up around 5 and started supper for my husband...fish tacos...one of my favorites.  It actually didn't phase me all that much.  While cooking I had a little coconut water, which I'm not a huge fan of.

He ate his yummy looking supper while I juiced cantaloupe, cucumber, carrots, and kale...just something I threw together that sounded good...didn't look all that good though.  It was delicious!


After supper I made another big batch of Mean Green...it's so weird how the different juices separate.  That's the Flowering Kale at the bottom and the other greens on top.  This will be for tomorrow and I hope the celery isn't overpowering like it was today.



And this is the ho-humness of someone on a Reboot.

Trust me, I'm not going to do a play-by-play everyday like this...you're eyes would start bleeding and you might think a funeral would be more exciting.  I merely wanted you to get the jist of what I'm doing.

JUICE ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment